Qantas chief executive Alison Webster resigns

6
This post was originally published on this site

Qantas has announced the resignation of its executive that was international.

Qantas international chief executive Alison Webster has resigned after less than 2 yrs in the function, the airline announced on Thursday.

In a short statement, Qantas said Webster’ s last day in the firm can be April 24 2019.

No explanation was granted for the resignation.

Qantas said Narendra Kumar would be acting chief executive of Qantas international until a permanent appointment was made.

Kumar was currently “ overseeing planning for key changes to the airline’ s long-haul fleet”, Qantas said. His profile lists his occupation title as executive manager aircraft programs that are international.

Webster, who have been in Qantas for seven years and counting, was appointed chief executive of Qantas international in August 2017 as part of a broader restructure of the company’ s leadership group.

Her previous roles have included executive manager of airports, catering and cargo, head of Qantas cabin crew and manager for customer experience.

She had previously worked in British Airways.

The direction change at Qantas comes as the airline is evaluating whether to order an aircraft capable of operating nonstop from Australia’ s east shore to London and Nyc under Project Sunrise .

There’s also been the introduction of Boeing 787-9 aircraft into the Qantas fleet, which has eased the addition of Perth-London Heathrow nonstop flights and will result in that the eventual retirement of this 747-400/400ER fleet by the conclusion of 2202, when the airline celebrates its centenary.

And Qantas has also planned to get its Airbus A380 fleet of 12 aircraft refurbished with new cottage products .

Alison Webster, third from left, alongside Jetstar group chief executive Gareth Evans, Qantas domestic chief executive Andrew David and Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce in June 2018.

Advertisement